I have set up a frag tank next to my display that I want to use to sell a few frags out of. My frag tank is a 20gal long with a 250watt MH/4xT5 fixture plumed directly into my display system. I have no illusions of grandeur that I will grow to a full fledged propagation facility but who knows. The initial purpose is to help supplement the cost of running my large 260 gal system. It would be nice to garner an actual income though that is not the purpose. I am looking into input in how to best go about doing this. Here are my concerns in no particular order:
- How should I go about doing this? I am looking into the possibility of buying colonies, SPS mostly, for the purpose of fragging them, and selling the frags while keeping the mother colony in my display. I have no corals that could be fraged at this point.
- Are there any set up considerations I haven't thought of?
- Stepping on sponsors toes. I like all of the sponsors I have met and want to support them and the trade, not compete against them. In fact I intend to purchase from them first.
- Becoming a sponsor. At what point should I do this?
- I know that the lighting is overkill for the system. At this point it is what I have to work with. If it is to much, I could use a piece of smoked glass to help reduce the par.