• Welcome back Guest!

    MARSH is a private reefing group. Comments and suggestions are encouraged, but please keep them positive and constructive. Negative threads, posts, or attacks will be removed from view and reviewed by the staff. Continually disruptive, argumentative, or flagrant rule breakers may be suspended or banned.

Reef-Pi (Raspberry Pi Aquarium Controller)

Tenny

Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2018
Location
League City
#21
Welp... not going to finish today.

One of the sockets broke on me and I cut the project top too big. I thought I was being slick with my CNC and selected the wrong "tool containment" so everything was about 3mm too big.

Cut this power socket by hand, it's very rough but thankfully there's enough overlap to make it look good from the outside.



Broken Power Plug, first "squeeze" and the two flaps just broke off:


CNC doing a test path (making sure there wasn't going to be any collisions. :


What the finished should look like:


Reality is those are barely hanging in there. If they move too much in any direction they "could" fall through. I'm not going to risk that... Plus I spaced them too much I think. I want to move them more to one side so that I could fit the relay on the top easier.

Back to Amazon... that was a $12 mistake with the project box.


This is where I messed up, I left it at Center when I meant for it to be "inside" containment.... I changed it earlier but went back and modified something and didn't change this.
 
Last edited:

Tenny

Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2018
Location
League City
#23
Update...

I was able to test the relays agianst AC120 volt plugs. Then my smart ************ thought I should use it to tighten some heatshrink... even though it was supposed to come with a 10a fuse, it only came with a 2amp fuse so I quickly burnt that up. Even with the 10amp, I could have burnt up a 10a as the heat gun could do 12.1amps...

Anyways this is what it looks like now:



The problem is when I soldered up the temperature sensors I wasn't paying attention and I needed to drill a hole, and then thread them through. Instead I just soldered them up... and I hate solder bridges and I really don't want to bother with it today... so I'm quittin for the day.

Connecting the temp probe to the IP68 water proof connector. (Marine grade heat shrink goes over this).




So at this point I have just a few things left:
-Drill holes and re-solder temperature probes to little break out board.
-Replace fuse (10a)
-Connect everything and begin testing.
 
Top