Welcome back Guest!MARSH is a private reefing group. Comments and suggestions are encouraged, but please keep them positive and constructive. Negative threads, posts, or attacks will be removed from view and reviewed by the staff. Continually disruptive, argumentative, or flagrant rule breakers may be suspended or banned.
Just got mine done a few days ago. It was a process for sure. I’m pleased.
what I would do different:
1. There is a union directly under faucet making fill bucket placement awkward.
2. Lids on tanks were small making clean out a complete breakdown process.
3. Being in the garage, I did not plan for s chiller plumbed in. I’m seeing 84 degree water.
4. A 12 inch deck under each tank would have been helpful on multiple fronts.
Here's mine (room is not big enough for a front view unfortunately). Left is RO, right is salt.
* The sump is literally 2 ft away
* It's in the center of my home so temp is nice and stable
* I've never had water on storage before so that's nice, I also didn't have a float valve on the old tubs I used for making RO water... guess how many times I flooded the floor at my old place?
* Haven't tried it yet and need to swap out the metal fittings, but the hose real up the top is meant to be for water changes. Idea is I just run the line across the hallway to the nearest bathroom and pop the end with a pump on it in the sump for drip free changes. Then give it a tug and everything rolls up again. Haven't had to do one yet on the new tank yet soooo... we'll see how that works.
* I haven't had too many problems with the height, I can get most of the water out with the pump and fill hose (the clear one on the right) and the rest I can put a low dish under the tanks and tip them from the front to drain, or just pop a pump in the top and drain it as well that way (I have some rubbermaids on wheels that I can use for things as well). So I can completely drain, disassemble and get everything out of the room if I really have to. Not saying it isn't easy though.
* I mounted the RO system a bit too high, I have to climb on things to get at it. Also the pressure gauge on it is broken, also I need a booster pump... but one battle at a time.
* Leaks, I dunno I've had bad luck with the bulk heads on these tanks, you can see the staining under the RO one in particular. This is related to this being in an actual room in my actual house so leaks are bad.
* Also related, I probably should have drylocked the stand, but my logic was that if I had so many problems with leaks that I needed the drylock to protect it I had worse problems...
* I wish square tanks were more readily available. I assume it's a strength problem.