• Welcome back Guest!

    MARSH is a private reefing group. Comments and suggestions are encouraged, but please keep them positive and constructive. Negative threads, posts, or attacks will be removed from view and reviewed by the staff. Continually disruptive, argumentative, or flagrant rule breakers may be suspended or banned.

Steve’s Reef 265 Build

OP
steveb

steveb

Director
Administrator
Board Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Location
Spring
Whelp seems phosphorous went up to 200ppb.

I filled a 4” reactor about 1/2 full of high capacity gfo.

Planning on another 80g water change Wed. Of next week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 
Last edited:
OP
steveb

steveb

Director
Administrator
Board Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Location
Spring
Started the final piece of the plumbing puzzle.

This is a distribution manifold.

For reactors, UV and chiller.



I of course managed to order one bushing in the wrong size. Hoping Lowe’s has the piece I need in gray schedule 80.

I need 1/2” spigot x 1/4” fip. I ordered 3/4” spigot by mistake.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 
OP
steveb

steveb

Director
Administrator
Board Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Location
Spring
Built the caddy to hold my UV sterilizer and chiller this evening. This will allow this equipment to sit behind the tank but be accessible for easier servicing when needed.

I still need to paint or stain it.










Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 
Last edited:
OP
steveb

steveb

Director
Administrator
Board Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Location
Spring
One more pic. Kinda ugly right now. I might see about some trim for it.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

frankc

Supporting Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Location
The Woodlands
You were smart leaving so much space behind the tank. Mine is about as close to the wall as it can be. It hasn't been a problem so far, but I fear one day it will bite me.
 
OP
steveb

steveb

Director
Administrator
Board Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Location
Spring
I started dosing NO3/PO4 reducing bacteria 2 weeks ago along with bringing a GFO reactor online.

My Phosphorus was >= 200ppb (top of range for Hanna ULR).

Last week Phosphorus was 150 ppb and nitrates we’re at or above top of range on Salifert NO3 test.

So I also started dosing NoPox in addition to bacteria.

Today my NO3 was 5ppm and Phosphorus was at 20ppb.

That is with feeding 2-4 sheets of nori and 1 cube of my mysis/brine/etc. daily.

I’m ready for LPS!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 
Top