No more eggs yet from this pair. Though the female is very swollen and they have been cleaning the rock so hopefully soon.
I made some changes to their environment so I expected a bit of a delay before their next clutch.
A couple of the babies from the newest clutch are exhibiting some pretty unique markings.
I don't want to get too excited, but I did not notice this on the previous batch.
Obviously there still is a chance the spots will just fade to white over time. The fact that I never saw them on the previous clutch gives me a little hope that they will remain.
I'm in the process of setting up a five foot broodstock tank with five sections. All the clownfish pairs in the various tanks in my house will be transferred into it, along with the pair I just bought.
The clowns ended up laying eggs again on the 9th of this month, should have patches around the 19th.
Here's a short video of some of the babies from the newest clutch. Definitely some interesting patterns in there.
A few of these guys like swimming upside down, they're special.
Yeah they are very fun to watch.Wow, I could watch them for hours!! Easy. So cute!
So I've lost track of all of the clutches. Are there 2 or 3 now? I think there was the original 5, yes? How are they doing? And are these little guys from the second clutch? How many are in this clutch now? Again, so cute!!
Clownfish are what got me into the saltwater hobby when I was in high school. So kewl that you've been so successful so far! And I LOVE this thread!!
Wow they both crashed?! That’s awful. Are they compensating you for the bad batch of RG?I haven't been paying too much attention to my rotifer cultures other than feeding them regularly and harvesting.
Lately all that meant was dumping the water and rots because I haven't had babies for a while.
We had a handful of clown babies hatch Wednesday night. After adding them to the tank, i went to my rotifer cultures so I could add some food for the new babies, and discovered they both had crashed
I received an email from reed mariculture a few weeks ago about a bad batch of RGcomplete and I'm positive that was the cause of the crashes.
Unfortunately, I didn't have any backup rot cultures in the fridge, so I had to place an overnight order for a new rotifer culture.
The $60 shipping charge on a $20 item hurt a little bit, but I didn't have much choice lol
The majority of the clown babies hatched last night. I estimate it was about 50 babies.
Not sure how well the Wednesday night hatches will do since it's been over 24 hours since they've eaten anything, but I'm confident the ones that hatched last night will be fine.